Earlier this month, Governor Doug Ducey and the Arizona Office of Tourism announced 43 businesses and organizations across the state will receive more than $9.4 million in recovery grants. This is a sizeable investment towards one of the biggest hit industries in Arizona, and we look forward to the enormous impact it will have on our economy.
Dorn Policy Group, Inc. is one of Arizona’s leading government relations firms. We accomplish this by making your voice heard by key policymakers in the community. Tourism and recovery grants impact businesses across many industries. Read our article below to learn more about the recovery grants and what this could mean for the economy.
The Recovery Grants From the Visit Arizona Initiative
In an effort to attract out-of-state visitors, Arizona has set aside more than $9.4 million to support its tourism industry.
The grants are a part of the Visit Arizona Initiative, which will use federal American Rescue Plan funds to help Arizona’s tourism industry rebound from the COVID-19 pandemic.
“When visitors from across the globe travel to our great state, they stay in our hotels, eat at our restaurants, buy our products and enjoy our recreational activities. Their investments benefit Arizonans, and the Visit Arizona Initiative will help our tourism sector prosper — and continue to recover from the effects of the pandemic,” Governor Doug Ducey said in a press release about the Initiative.
Where Will the Tourism Recovery Grants Go?
The Arizona Office of Tourism will release the grant money through five programs:
- The Visit Arizona Partnership will disburse $25 million in recovery grants to attract small and large-scale productions for operations that attract out-of-state visitors and raise the state’s profile.
- The Visit Arizona Marketing program will offer $20 million in grants to help support the state’s strategic marketing plans to bring in visitors.
- The Outdoor Tourism Revitalization program will offer $16 million in grants to help golf courses, trails, and outdoor recreation areas attract visitors.
- The Legacy Tourism Revitalization program will help older golf courses modernize and improve their operations, and help increase water conservation and sustainability.
- The Outdoor Attractions Revitalization program will support outdoor recreation via marketing, sustainability, and infrastructure improvements.
Dorn Policy Group, Inc. are Strong Advocates for the Tourism Industry
With greater support for our state’s tourism, there is no better time to consider strong advocacy to protect your business. Elected officials are constantly discussing legislation that impacts businesses across Arizona, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a seat at the table.
When you partner with a government relations firm like Dorn Policy Group, Inc., you’re not just getting our support. You gain an invaluable partner that advocates for your success. With nearly 60 years of combined experience, we’re experts in obtaining the results you need for success. Contact us today to learn more about our services and what we can do for you.